The complete replica set of the original Borovo Silver Thracian Treasure (first half of the 4th century BC) consists of the following items:
1. Jug-rhyton – galvanoplastic with silver and gilding. Size: 20cm (7.9 inch) height;
2. Rhyton with protome of a sphinx – galvanoplastic with silver and gilding. Size: 30cm (11.8 inch) height;
3. Rhyton with protome of a galloping horse – galvanoplastic with silver and gilding. Size: 30cm (11.8 inch) height;
4. Rhyton with protome of a bull – galvanoplastic with silver and gilding. Size: 30cm (11.8 inch) height;
5. Bowl – galvanoplastic with silver and gilding. Size: 40cm (15.7 inch) diameter;
We provide high-class quality replica of the Borovo Thracian Silver treasure, which is slightly different from the original. Per the Bulgarian laws there must be at least 10% difference between the replica and the original gold treasure.
The technique used for this replica set is called “galvanoplastic”, which allows an exact replica to be made, but with a much lighter material. Our team of designers creates a precise carving on a silicone mold in which we pour wax. The wax takes the form of the object, which after that we cover with metal (copper) through galvanoplasty process, and finish it with gold and silver cover.
We offer the replica items in a luxury box. The replica of the Borovo silver treasure is a unique handmade craft-work produced only in Bulgaria. Each item of the replica set comes with a mandatory certificate, issued by the Bulgarian National Historical Museum (Sofia, Bulgaria).
This exquisite replica set is very suitable as a special gift, for special event or celebration/anniversary, for your collection, or awarding ceremony. We can also provide a custom design, especially made per your specific request.